I recently visited the famous Beauty Paradise: Olive Young Flagship Store located in Gangnam, Seoul.
It is a four-story store As a reminder, Olive Young is owned by CJ Group, and is the No.1 Health & Beauty retailer (64% of market share, over 1000 stores) in South Korea.I wrote a post on this store several week ago. You can read it here.
Among all the beauty stores I have visited, I think this one is the best in terms of customer experience. Even Chicor (Shinsegae’s beauty store so-called “Korean Sephora) who opened a flagship just next to it cannot beat. I heard, through English and Korean media, that the “real” Sephora might come to South Korea. If I were them, they should come up with something better with an upgraded digital “twist”…
I will write a more detailed article within a couple of days. Before that, I wish to share this video that I made. So enjoy your virtual visit to this store!
Here are some high lights : Experience & AR (Augmented Reality)
- Overall shopping environment is clean, tidy and yet premium
- A better segmentation : Each floor has its own category. The ground floor for Make-up with brand fixtures and sub-category allocations (lash bar, mascara area, lip bar…). 2nd floor is for skincare (brand fixture, cleansing, toners, moisturizers, masks…). 3rd floor is for Men and fragrance. And basement is for hair and accessories.
- Most of the consumer communication tools (such as showcards, price tags…) are digitalized. Interactive touch screens, tutorial videos, even price tags.
- Lots of digital entertainments : vending machines, virtual make-up applications, dental measuring machine for white teeth, skin tone testing machine with a camera device, product finder with touch screen that is linked to brand’s social platform, product tutorials…..
- Enhanced product testing experience : Thermal Water fountain for brands like Avene, Vichy, La Roche-Posay and Uriage, Water spot for cleansers and scrubs
- Customer caring services : resting chairs and sofas, battery charging stations…
I will write a more detailed article within a couple of days. So, stay connected!
Sign up to receive new postings.